Some recent sources on AI in China:
- Chinese AI team plans to challenge Google’s AlphaGo at board game  – Scientists from the China Computer Go team will issue a challenge to AlphaGo.
- China’s Baidu Releases Its AI Code  – Baidu’s code, called Warp-CTC, is essentially an improved implementation of a deep-learning algorithm.
- Two years ago the Baidu created an internal group called the Institute of Deep Learning to explore ways to apply the technology across the company (Andrew Ng is the company’s chief scientist).
 – http://venturebeat.com/2016/03/31/chinese-ai-team-plans-to-challenge-googles-alphago-at-board-game/
 – https://www.technologyreview.com/s/545486/chinas-baidu-releases-its-ai-code/
 – https://www.technologyreview.com/s/600988/how-ai-is-feeding-chinas-internet-dragon/